10 Easy Ways in Which Food Allergies Have Changed How I Think About Myself and How I Go About My Life
Maybe I’m teasing-- just a little-- but here’s the list:
· Explorer: I have discovered a true love of cooking
· Daredevil: If I can make delicious wheat free, egg free, dairy fee, nut free cake, then I can do anything!
· Hostess: All the parties are at my house!
· Vanguard: My son and I now see challenges as opportunities to grow.
· Colonizer: We’ve built friendships across state lines and ages and allergy lists.
· Fortune Teller: My son—and your kids—will be people who get things done, who command respect, who lead--not follow.
· Pilgrim: My family maintains a nutritionally sound diet with lots of fresh foods.
· Crusader: I get to educate people—informally & formally—about keeping people with food allergies safe and happy.
· Pirate: Arrrgh—we’re not different or special or weird—try “food allergic”
· Mythbuster: Sometimes lemons really DO make delicious lemonade!
Post a Comment