Monday, October 4, 2010

Routine and last post vanished--

Hi my last post vanished... just as I was publishing-- I was commenting that it's hard to get back into routine again, seems that lunch and dinner are just coming more quickly... I know I sound silly, but it's true. Last weekend had to do 2 dinner, 3 lunches and 2 breakfasts--for packable and nonperishable as there was a school trip and didn't think the pack was going in a refrigerator for most of the time. Chicken is good for that-- steak-- and LOTS of veggies--carrots, celery, olives, and lots of rice cakes too.
And it is hard to get back into the routine-- was summer just so carefree and laissez-faire? I guess so, food and bedtimes!
and I am searching for some hearty foods-- especially carbs-- that travel well and aren't too hard to pack or eat. my breads are pretty lame-- they never get browned and they are a bit spongey if not able to toast... there's rice and beans I do that a fair amount with a small thermos; and cereal plus rice cakes (ahh the proverbial rice cakes) . Need more-- and can't quite get the rhythm down of packing lunch that is different every day-- or at least varies..
more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment