Monday, July 28, 2014

Adzuki Beans

Got excited about new ingredient in some sauces I saw talked about in a magazine. Adzuki beans. So I thought "wow" an addition to spice up an old meal or a add to a new meal. 
  So, being well trained for due diligence after 20 years in the food allergy world, I looked up what an adzuki bean is and where it comes from. 
  This bean was harder to research than I thought. And I still have not found hard  science site, though I have read a number of blog sites and personal stories. These blogs say that Adzuki beans, or aduki  beans as they are also called, are related to the soybean. One even suggests that if your child is allergic to soy, do not try adzuki beans. 
  So we won't be trying those sauces just yet. 
 Darn, I'll have to make my own chimichurri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment