Monday, June 1, 2009

been a while

It's been a while since I've written. School had an allergy incident that was dealt with very nicely--undisclosed nuts in the sauce for a chicken dish. Kid had an Epi and went to hosptial accompanied by nurse; all other nut-allergic kids were spoken to in class and lunchroon to make sure that they knew not to eat the chicken. Sauce was removed. But just goes to show how easily one mistake can lead to something pretty scary. Kid was fine next day--but I'mthinking of his family--yikes I'd be super nervous. Any hopes of mine eating at the cafeteria went out the window even though never would have touched a sauce...but safer to eat what I send from home. Hey, I'll miss it when I don't have to make lunch anymore--just like we all miss the the things our kids did when they were little...like bathtime or playground or reading to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment