Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cheap Eats and Frustration

Cheap Eats was the cover story--picturing a hundred appetizing bites-- of a popular NY magazine last week. And there are ice cream trucks on every corner. And boardwalks full of mini- hoagies and Korean taco trucks and fried Oreos. ( Ok it's Jersey)
Food is everywhere this summer. Everywhere-- and much of this food my kid can't eat-- and that's very tough.
The very intractableness of it-- that these allergies are so dangerous, so many. That they do not change.

I don't really know how to be supportive in this context or what to say: "stiff upper lip?" Well that's been his whole
life.
" It'll get easier/ better" --probably not.
"Don't go out" -we all know that doesn't solve anything and definitely accentuates the worst.
So I settle for writing a post-- rather more gloomy than my usual ones-- and ask my readers if they've any good ideas. Please write!

No comments:

Post a Comment