Tuesday, August 9, 2011

some new food sources

Tried "Viva Mais" a corn cous cous-- actually I thought it was like a coarse polenta--which admittedly I'm not very good at making, but still it wasn't cous cous. I will try it again--possibly as the shell for a pot pie-- which I think could be good, or even an apple and savory dish.
I got this from an online site called Olive Nation which specializes in Italian foods with some gluten free.

Also got some candied orange peel from MarketHall.com This confection was delicious and popped right into the fridge for a cool little tart treat. (As I mentioned had tried in London and liked, so found some closer to home),. Again a good site for many food specialty items--especially candies and candy makings-- but not geared to allergic families.

more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment